This is a personal instance, so there is no need for a code of conduct, right? Well, since I might send some invites in the future (or even – gasp! – open registrations), it might be a good thing to write what is and what is not allowed in here.
What is not allowed
This instance does not allow content (or external links to content) that:
- is illegal under U.S. and/or Italian law;
- involves minors and/or non-consenting parties in a sexual context, including nudity;
- depicts people in a sexual context or in the nude, if those people did not consent to the publication of the content (in other words, revenge porn);
- promotes hate speech, including (but not limited to) Nazism, Fascism, racism, xenophobia, white nationalism, antisemitism, Holocaust denial, and islamophobia;
- discriminates and is intolerant to people in terms of their gender identity, gender expression, nationality, language, race, ethnic affiliation, age, religion, sexual and romantic orientation, physical and mental health, body shape and size, social and economical status;
- harasses other people, including (but not limited to) by means of threats, doxxing and sealioning;
- promotes and/or glamourises eating disorders such as anorexia and bulimia;
- is qualified as spam;
- distributes malware, spyware, ransomware, or other content that can harm other users’ computers;
- purposefully circumvents other people's word-based filters, e.g. by misspelling ("liek thiz"), omitting letters ("lik* th*s"), or replacing them with other Unicode characters ("𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼").
What is allowed (within limits)
The following content is allowed only under suitable content warnings (CWs):
- nudity (both in photographs and in drawings);
- explicitly sexual content (both in visual and textual form) that does not violate the previous points;
- depictions of gore and/or death;
- flashing and/or moving images that may trigger epileptic seizures.
Content warnings are highly recommended for other topics as well (including, but not limited to, politics, food, alcohol, pictures with eye contact, triggers for mental health issues, discriminations, etc.). Not using CWs for them is not a bannable offense per se, but the moderator(s) reserve(s) the right to judge every case by itself.
Users are allowed to plug their content, products, and services, as long as they also participate actively to the community.
This instance is friendly to and supportive of:
- people of colour;
- ethnic and cultural minorities;
- gay, lesbian, bisexual, and pansexual people;
- transgender, non-binary, and intersex people;
- asexual and aromantic people;
- neurodivergent people;
- people with disabilities;
- survivors of sexual assault and/or of harassment;
- sex workers of any gender.
and providing a safe space for them is the moderator(s)’s priority.
The moderator(s) reserve(s) the final judgment about what constitutes a violation of these rules and what does not.
The moderator(s) will also choose whether to silence or suspend other instances in light of these principles and the list of unaccepted content.
About your privacy
Jan 4, 2019: Filter avoidance is explicitly not allowed. A clause for recommended (but not mandatory) CWs is included. A changelog is added.